A few months ago some friends and I decided to get away from the city and head down to Cuba to soak up some sun. Cuba is definitely a place everyone should get to once in their life if you haven’t already – it is typically more affordable than other trips and the white sand beach is just to die for.
We enjoyed relaxing on the beach, and also participated in some fun activities!
I wanted to share some pictures from our trip, I hope you enjoy!
If you have any questions at all about the trip or where we stayed, leave them down in the comments!
Lots of love,
I wish I took more pictures! This activity run us about $100 each. We got a Jeep that we drove around all day to different places. This was an all day trip. We started at around 8 am and got back to the resort at about 6pm.
We started with a boat ride, then went snorkelling, swimming in a cave that was freezing cold but beautiful, horse back riding, to a local farm for lunch and more! (If you want to see pictures of anything I didn’t post, let me know!)
Making sugar cane juice
Where we had lunch
Cute little friends
We decided to take a trip down to Havana. It was just over an hour drive, and we stopped to a few other places on the way. We actually went with a private tour guide, which you will probably be offered once you are there as well. It was two local men just making a living off of tourism. They were super nice and knowledgable. We also stopped at a cigar factory but unfortunately were not allowed to take pictures inside, but I definitely recommend asking your tour guide to bring you in. Walking around was so beautiful and despite the insane heat I am so glad we got to see it.
The view from where we stopped to get the pineapple drink!
I loved all the old cars!
It was such a gorgeous walk
I loved the old vibes Havana had
Inside a church
I just wanted to RAVE about this camera for all of you that are looking to purchase soon!
The SonyA500 is the greatest camera I have ever used! When you take photos, it gives the photo such a clean crisp look. I am obsessed. Its not as pricey as some other ones out there, so it is perfect for someone who just likes taking photos of family, friends, and a few selfies every now and then.
The flip-up screen makes taking selfies so easy! I definitely recommend this for any one who wants to make vlogs or maybe even take makeup photos.
If you’re not into that, the camera still works amazing for regular photos. I took some photos in the forest and the colour that the camera captures is absolutely beautiful.
If you have any questions about it, leave a comment!
Lots of love,
Who doesn’t love a furry friend?!!
If you are looking to adopt an animal, check out https://www.petfinder.com !
They have so many cute and loving animals looking for a home!
Before you fill out an application, read the animals description and make sure they are a good fit for your home!
I hope you find your perfect furry friend.
Lots of love,
Stuck on what to get your significant other for Valentines day? It’s never to early to start picking up on clues.
I’m not the biggest fan of big gifts on this specific holiday. I think it is more meaningful to spend time with your loved one, and enjoy each others company. So, heres what I’ve got for you.
Gentlemen, get ready to have your work cut out for you.
Make it super personal.
Set up a dinner at your place. If you’re not the best cook, it’s okay to take out, but make sure to plate it as if it was homemade food. Set up the table nicely with your best china, flowers and some candles. Surround the room with lights, candles, flowers and maybe even balloons. Play some background music, dim the lights, and have her walk into the most romantic and thoughtful night she will ever have.
I promise you, this is a night neither of you will forget.
It’s important to understand that usually, all people want is to feel loved and to spend time with the ones they love.
Throw in a little dessert at the end and you’re set.
This way, you spend less money and avoid the craziness of the restaurants.
Win – Win.
Lots of love,
Throwing together a last minute New Years Eve party? I’ve got you covered!
I’ve put together a list of “to-do’s” before this great party of yours.
- Figure out the alcohol situation. Make sure to let everyone know if it is BYOB or not. If you plan on providing the drinks, make sure to count out your guests and buy according to that. If you are wine drinkers, I suggest the box wine with the pouring spout. It is cheaper and easier for people to pour for themselves. In my opinion, even if you choose BYOB, the host should provide the champagne for the celebration at midnight!
- Food. Food. Food. Is this a dinner party? Or after-dinner party? Even if it is an after dinner party, it is nice to have some snacks for your guests to munch on. Make sure to make a list before you head to the grocery store, to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting and you don’t forget anything. Some ideas for snacks:
– bowls of chips (and dip if you’d like)
– fruit platter
– cheese and cracker platter
– veggie platter
– bought appetizers you can pop in the oven
– a sweet table if you want to get fancy
– non-alcoholic drinks
– pizza! (tip: order a party size rectangle pizza and ask them not to cut it. Then, cut it yourself into smaller appetizer size pieces. This will make it easier for guests to eat, plus it will seem like there is much more pizza than there really is).
- Decoration. This doesn’t have to be the fanciest decor out there, but putting something together can give the party a good vibe. I recommend choosing a colour theme first. New Years Eve is typically black, gold and silver. So these will probably be easiest to find around this time. You can look at any party store near you, and many dollar stores carry cute cheap decor. Don’t forget:
– plastic cutlery, to save you from doing dishes
– plastic cups
– plastic cups for the champagne
– plastic plates
– a table cloth you can throw out at the end
– plastic shot glasses
– balloons (to make it look festive)
– use those Christmas lights! Hang them around the room, or on the staircase if there’s one around.
– make sure you have enough platters to serve all the food on
– garbage bags for when you clean up
- Music. Make a great playlist that you know will get the party going. It would be best through a bluetooth speaker, so you can use your phone. If you don’t have one, ask your friends. There is sure to be someone who owns one.
P.S if you’re a 90’s kid, make sure to add Backstreet Boys and Britney Spear on that list, that will definitely get everyone going. And your last minute party is set! These are minimal things to remember in the rush of a last minute party, but very important. As long as you cover these 4 steps, your party will be great.
Happy New Year!
Lots of love,